Subject: [Leica] Corretive viewfinder optic for astigmatisum for the M6??
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 02:41:02 EST

Dear LUG:

Pete Myers here. I am not subscribed to LUG at the moment, so I would
appreciate a direct email if you have information. My deepest thanks!

I am considering the M6 0.85 for my work. However, I wear glasses. I have a
mild astigmatisum, but one that must be corrected for clear vision. With my
glasses on, I am unable to get my eye close enough to the finder to see the
entire frame. I can not wear contact lenses in the enviroments I shoot in (yes
they make astigmatic contact lenses - and I work in very dusty conditions).

I understand that the viewfinder takes a screw in optic for diopter
adjustment. Do any of you have experience or knowledge of having a astigmatic
corrective optic fitted for the M6 0,85? Obviously it would be only useful in
one orientation without rotating the optic.

My thanks for your thoughts and your eyesight! :)

Pete Myers
Moss Beach, CA