Subject: Re: [Leica] Rodenstock Heligon lens
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 10:23:35 -0500

At 08:08 AM 1999-01-16 -0800, Mark Langer wrote:
>After lurking on this group for a month or so, I'm breaking my silence
>with a question.  I'm interested in LTM cameras, and have just been
>offered a Rodenstock Heligon 35mm f2.8 lens.  I'm unfamiliar with this
>lens and wonder if anyone has used one.  If so, opinions?

This lens is, of course, mentioned in that standard reference work,
NON-LEITZ LEICA THREAD-MOUNT LENSES (Wittig, 1997), by <ah-HEM!> Marc James
Small.

This is a relatively rare lens and possibly has more value to a collector
than to a user.  It is a capable lens optically, though, and should be a
nice lens to shoot with.  Given that a 2.8/35 Jupiter-12 can be had for
$125 or so, and is as good a lens or better as a user, the Heligons
generally end up on collector's shelves.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!