Subject: Re: [Leica] Overhualing a lens: cost?
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:14:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

It seems a lot of us out here in the US are using the ASCII encoding for
our characters. That way everyone using for example utf-7 to post messages
is making us VERY HAPPY to see all sort of weird character codes which
make reading their post one case of speed reading (just read the top left
and lower right corners and the diagonal connecting them).
For those of us too lazy to change our settings for the occasional non
ASCII encoded posts, let's try to see if we can have one common language
on this group.

I am getting this out in the open since I have already touched on this
subject privately with no results.

I don't think we need a poll, but if we get enough people to email the
possible innocent posters about this, they would wake up.

I only mean the really strange ones where you stare at a message for a
second wondering what is it all about!

Lucian