Subject: Re: [Leica] off topic -shotgun
From: Bryant Terry <bterry@naxs.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:19:20 -0500

"Richard W. Hemingway" wrote:

> Lugs,
>
> I am trying to sell my shotgun (to help pay for the noct., of course).
> Does anyone know of a  list I could subscribe to for shotguns???
>
> thanks,
> Dick Hemingway
> Plano, TX

Dick,

Shotguning is my other love.

Your best bet is to place an ad. in your local Trading Post, if you have
one.  So far, folks can still trade long guns with little trouble.  If you
have a really nice firearm and want a broader market, try placing an ad.
in GunList:

 http://www.krause.com/collectibles/html/gl.html

Understand you can only send a firearm to a licensed dealer.  To cover
yourself, ask receiving party to send you a copy of their signed FFL (Fed.
Firearms Lic.)  Only send the gun to the address on the FFL.  Send no
cartridges, primers, powder, etc., with it.  UPS is easier than USPS.

Like camera stuff, get your money up front.  Not everyone is as honest as
us Luggers.

Having received a few firearms in this manner, I have noticed that
sometimes what leaves the sender as Mint-, shows up here as 'fraid to
stand behind and pull the trigger.  Sound like camera mail order??

ebay would be good for all this if it weren't for the Brady Bunch.

Good luck.  Send pics.

Bryant