Subject: Re: [Leica] (w)rotten journalists??
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:03:58 +0100

Pascal wrote:

> Well, while CDI looks very credible, one has to take the fact into
> account that they choose to accompany Canon during the Canon tour in
> major French cities at the end of last year (showing off the latest Canon
> gear, among which the EOS 3).
> CDI was giving different practical courses at the Canon booth (of course,
> all people -regardless of their gear- could attend, but still...).
> I realize they offered some explanation to their readers about this, but
> I still believe they shouldn't have done so as  they may be giving more
> than a hint of favoritism in accompanying Canon (the first time CDI ever
> did such thing).

Yes Pascal,

But at the same moment they published a test in which the Nikon F5
(and in a way the F90X) was found much faster than both the EOS1n and
EOS3.
And I bet that they will also find the F100 faster (and better) than
the EOS3 in their next comparison.
By the way I don't think they are biased in favor of Nikon either.

Lucien

Lucien