Subject: [Leica] Re: Microsoft bashing
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:40:10 -0500

[ . . . ]
>Everybody with some sense of history knows that capitalism produces guys
>like Bill Gates (or the like to oil barons and the train people). Wallstreet
>considered Apple dead.  [ . . . ]

	The more important thing is: the freedom and option to
	choose the product one feels best meets his/her needs
	and tastes, expectations and budget.

	Some go for Silicon Graphics, others for Digital ALPHA.
	Some are more than enchanted with a Macintosh.

	Buying a Dufour sailboat is not a statement against a Mooney plane,
	buying a Bosendorfer is not a statement against Steinway.

	IF Macintosh had not continued its bold quest
	for innovation and design excellence, even today's
	PC probably would not have become half as interesting.
	Then a lot of people would never have become interested
	in owning a personal computer.

	Same in photography:
		when one eventually gets to know what
		a LEICA camera and lens is all about,
		that person sure must be quite happy that
		a firm bent on excellence has managed
		to survive to this day, quality driven.

	So long as basic business imperatives are met,
	don't we all gain from the diversity, the choices
	available, rather than continually have to go the way
	others go or would have us go ?

	As for Bill Gates ..., someday he'll die,
	like "the rest of us".

	You want a PC, get a PC.
	You want a MAC, get a MAC. You'll have fun.

	Think different.

	Andre Jean Quintal

PS:
	If you're impressed with busine$$ performance,
	have you considered UMAX ? H-U-G-E dent in the PC
	market after having lost its Mac license !
	Things balance out. UMAX is doing something right.

   Our Lord resurrected and quickened His body.
   He is our pattern.
	Search for God II, p. 57
	Edgar Cayce Foundation