Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Microsoft bashing (off topic)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:01:44 -0600

>It will be interesting to see if MS can figure out
>what to do without the explosive growth that has driven them through the
>last decade. IBM didn't.

Alexy,

You're missing one market MS has said will be the future of business that
they want to be involved in. Content. Actually, it's not MS, it's Bill
Gates with Corbis. They own the rights to Ansel Adams' work, and they are
buying up big collections of pictures, and they think anyone who uses the
web will want to buy images from them for $2-$3 a pop for their web pages,
newsletters and such, and have been telling photographers that they can
make something like $21Million on a picture if enough people buy it. Just
read it in Photo District News. :-)

Yeah, right.

I'll shoot my own pictures, with my Leicas to get on topic, thank you very
much, and have a lot more fun than buying off the web. (There's $2 from
that $21 million he won't get. <G>)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is a  free  gift ? Aren't all gifts free?