Subject: Re: [Leica] "cold" lens rendition
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:53:47 +0100

At 8:19 AM +0100 99.1.19, Alan Ball wrote:
<snip>
>Choose your film, choose your filtration (at shooting and/or pinting
>stages): these are the factors. Lens manufacturer is not a factor here.
>Not anymore.

Also choose your retina. ;-)  Human retinas have substantial variations in
the cone (color) photoreceptors (RGB).  Changes in a single amino acid of
the photoreceptors cause shifts of their absorption curves and thus give
rise to differential hue discrimination.  These variations are hereditary
but different from "color vision deficiency". ("Color blindness" is not PC.
;-))  There is no assuming that you and I have the same color vision.

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
Visit my gallery at
http://members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html