Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: canvas leica 'safari' bag
From: Kent Jon Peters <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:45:13 -0800

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> I'm not sure it this is the same item, but I have a "Safari" fitted case,
> green and suitcase-like. My dealer gave it to me when a bought a
> Safari/Summilux from him. I have seen one other advertised in the last
> year. The asking price was $70.
>
> Do you have a Safari? Do you use it?
>
> Ken Wilcox
>
> >I have the opportunity to purchase a canvas Leitz/Leica ('safari') bag
> >made to hold the Leica Safari R3 and accompanying lenses.  It is in
> >excellent condition.  Anybody have any idea what this should reasonably
> >go for?  I've never actually seen this before.  Thanks for the help!!
> >Kent
>
> ----
> Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
> Davison Middle School                         preferred--->
> <wilcox@tir.com>
> 600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                              <kwilcox@gfn.org>
This is actually a leitz canvas camera 'bag' with internal dividers for
each of the lenses and R3 safari body.  Khaki colour.  Asking price is
$80 and it seemed really neat.  Don't have a safari yet, but a couple
R4's and misc lenses and TM stuff-- just a neat bag.  Would someday like
to "collect" a safari system, just haven't had the opportunity yet!
Thanks for the info, though.  Kent