Subject: [Leica] R 35-70f2.8 vs. 28-70f3.5~, MTF chart?
From: Jim Yeh <jimluke@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:10:49 -0800

Hi
I am wondering if there's archive on MTF charts for all Leica lens.  I
just check out the APO180f2.8 and it's really amazing.  I know MTF
doesn't mean everything but I would like to "collect" them.
Also, has anyone compared the 35-70f2.8 and the new 28-70f3.5-4.5?
What's the price on the 35-70?  I think this lens is very good, but at
1.05kg, probably too heavy for most use.  Is the new 28-70 anygood?
I am still undecided on R or M system, I liked the R for the long
telephoto possibility but I like the size and weight of the M, any
suggestion?

thanks
Jim