Subject: Re: [Leica] G2 paternity (was: "cold" lens rendition)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:04:47 -0800

> ewelch@ponyexpress.net writes:
>
> << A rangefinder cries out for fast lenses.  >>
> That's what the M camera is all about in my opinion. I use the R system for
> every thing else.
> Bob

I could and do take the opposite opinion on this one so I'll say Devils
Advocate style:
A rangefinder cries out for slow lenses.
An SLR improves from a brighter snappier ground glass, a rangefinder
doesn't need it.
A Rangefinder needs and loves get in there quiet and fast and
unobtrusive and lightweight.
SlR's are for big fat stupid plastic zooms.
Mark  Rabiner