Subject: RE: [Leica] Will somebody get that Dan Post straightened out!?
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:15:32 -0500

> >	Greetings, Dan!
> >
> >		 I collect English language dictionaries.  At last count I
> >had more than 100 volumes.  Why I need four copies of "Merriam Webster's
> >Second International Unabridged" (last printed in 1961) I cannot explain,
> >except that its the best damn English dictionary ever compiled and
> whenever
> >I see a good copy I just can't help myself.  At least Leica 50s can be
> >carried around and produce a secondary product!
>
> .........I always thought the OEDs claimed that honour!

	Oops, I had intended that to be a private post to Dan, I do not want
to start another arcane thread.  But, as long as you asked...Many consider
the OED the preeminent English dictionary, but I consider it more like a
Nikon F and Webster's 2nd more like an M-3.  Take your pick; I love the
Webster's for the simple elegance of its definitions, its encyclopoedic
scope, its relevance to American usage, and its relative ease of use.  Among
many reasons...

	But, PLEASE, let's not start a discussion of dictionaries.  Or at
least let's keep it off-group.

		Buzz