Subject: RE: [Leica] Win 95 to 98 my final word
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:00:05 -0500

> After all it's difficult to find anywhere on the net these days where the
> relative merits of Macs vs PCs is being discussed.

...That's because there are no relative merits. The PC running Windows 95 or
98 is an old DOS machine dressed up in borrowed finery to make it look like
a Mac. When it runs, it's fine. But as soon as there's a problem you
discover that there's nothing but layer upon layer of "makeup" covering the
craggy face underneath.

I say this as a former Mac user who was forced by an employer to make the
switch. If it weren't for the demands of work, I'd go back to a Mac in the
blink of an eye -even though the software base is much smaller. (Hey, what
do I ever really need beyond Office 97 and PhotoShop? Not much.)