Subject: [Leica] Re: Comments on your photos (My first web page)
From: FBrunelle@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:02:40 EST

http://members.aol.com/fbrunelle/page/index.htm

Andrew, Gary,
Thank you both for your comments.  Andrew here are answers to some of your
questions:

Karate Kid:  I used a Summicron 50mm as the kid was looking away to other kids
playing.  I would have lost the interest on the subject if I had tried to
include everything.

>>This one stuck out right away in terms of image "quality" -- I like the
colors, the amount of depth of field, and I like the way the sunlight just
barely hits the right-side portion of the child's face.  The face isn't flat
with light, nor is it deep in the shadows.  He seems to be preoccupied with
something nearby -- I'd like to see (in the image) what that is, but it may
far enough away that the it would bring a lot of other irrelevant things into
view.  What lens?>>

Artist & Little Girl:  I used fill flash with a crummy little unit that I
really did not understand.  Turned out OK!

>>If you used fill flash, I like the amount.  If not, I like the lighting. I'd
like to see this taken closer.>>

Rottenburg:  I had tremendous problems as this is one of the first B&W film I
processed.  I used XTOL and ended up with very thin negatives.  Later I
adjusted the process time to get better and more consistent results.  I
believe you are right, if I could reshoot this picture I would use a lower
stance and get closer to the subject.

>>I'd get closer here, possibly putting the pots in the foreground (not
necessarily in focus) and really getting a close shot of this man doing his
work.  I really like close shots of people doing "their work" like that.
Could be a little lighter too.
Nice work.  Thanks for sharing them.>>

Francois Brunelle
Ashburn VA