Subject: Re: [Leica] Imarect help
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:23:30 -0500

>I need so help and advise on an Imarect;; has anyone had experience with
>cleaning one,  is it possible to have one CLA ; sorry I dont have Sherrys
>email address;; or are they hard to find in good shape;;thanks;;jh

>==
>97 M Edition Green Car
>Member of Mensa since 1985,,,uh I think

I took mine apart and cleaned it up. There several small screws on the
back, so you will need the appropiate screwdrivers. Inside are prisms
that are easily removed and cleaned. Work over a tray with a white sheet
of paper in it so you can keep track of the screws if (when) you drop
one. I haven't  tried to open the "nose" of the thing, since mine was
improved enough to suit me by cleaning just the prisms.

Imarects certainly are beautiful little gizmos. Too bad they just don't
work as well as they look!

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD