Subject: [Leica] Assorted Ordnance
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:37:22 -0500

At 10:17 PM 1999-01-20 -0800, Kent Jon Peters wrote:
>What do you shoot with an "Argentine Mauser"?  Do you hunt with it?
>What size of ammo?

Oh, it's chambered in 30-06, which gives a bit of windage in the bore, so I
generally use 240-grain rounds.  I'm not a hunter.  I target-shoot a bit,
and just plink.  I have a Kiev 3X - 9X scope on it, so I can generally do
okay out to a thousand yards or so, but, above that, that excess windage
(7.62mm round in an oestensible 8mm barrel) cuts in, and accuracy drops off
a bit.

I haven't even shot the damned thing in two or three years and don't
currently have any ammunition at hand.

To repel all the burglars dying to burst in here to deprive me of my Red
Dots, I do have my father's dress sabre hanging on the wall.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!