Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 vs Focomat !c
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:45:36 -0800

> From: Marc James Small
> Either your bulb is bad, your transformer is shot (you might not
> be getting sufficient voltage to generate 75W of light output), or you're
> fancier of DARK negatives!

Good idea, Marc, to check the transformer output voltage. The bulb is the
newer one, and I have tried three of them.  Ilfochrome is a fairly slow
paper. And the shadows in Velvia can be dark, but these are all
transparencies that project beautifully and were also reasonably easy to
print in 8x10.

Just talked to Tom A re dichroic head adapters for the 1c tho, and may
start shopping around soon.

Thanks to all for your ideas.
Gary