Subject: RE: [Leica] G2 paternity (was: "cold" lens rendition)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:31:39 -0600

>it was pointed out that with the advent of really good autofocusing
>systems - such as those in the latest Canon and Nikons - the wide lens
>focusing advantage is somewhat reduced. True, there is still a terrific
>advantage for the rangefinder in lousy light, but generally? I'm not so
>sure.

What do you expect a bunch of tech heads to say? :-)

 I've use the state of the art cameras in low light. Nikon F5 and EOS1n.
They can't touch the M6 for focusing accuracy in very low light. (That is,
speed and sticking where you want the focus to stick). The F5 is very
impressive in this case, but the M6 is still better, and for manual focus,
which is often the case with documentary work anyway, this is the M6's benefit.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...