Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, Minolta, Glass, Erwin, Marc
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:16:53 -0600

>I'll stick with the "proven" knowledge that the 16, 24, 35-70,
>80-200/70-210, and 500 lenses are Minolta lenses. The rest are Leica,
>Zeiss, Schneider, and an Angenieux.

Jim,

Of course, we know the current 35 Summicron R was designed in Canada by
Walter Mandler, I believe. And the 180 Apo Telyt. (Mandler). And the 90
Summicron R (Mandler) 50 Summicron R (Mandler) just to name a few, all from
Canada. Not Japan. He was never a Minolta employee as far as I know, and a
Leica employee from before the founding of the Midland plant.

But your list is way more important.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.