Subject: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:46:28 -0000

This appears to be a well known problem with Xtol.   I raised it on another
board some time ago and people have been complaining about it ever since.
Unlike other developers which begin to "fade" and not turn out their best
results, Xtol seems to go suddenly with no warning and no off-colour.   I
lost one roll of film this way and it is enough for me to say that I will
never use the stuff again.

By the way, I am now happily using Paterson chemicals and I am told that a
major camera group here in the UK will export them free of sales tax to the
US if you want FX39 etc.   Anyone interested should contact me and I will
supply the details.

Gerry