Subject: Re: [Leica] A new idea "off topic" lug -list
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 06:03:28 EST

 I agree with Andreas...no policing.

In my opinion, it is the often stray into strange, different and bazarre
topics that provide character to the group.  It allows each of us to express
ourselves as humans.  We cannot live by LEICA alone but please don't ask my
wife this question.  Over the past couple of years I have come to know many of
your personalites through humor.  Frankly, this forum allows us to depart from
whatever we do more seriously on a daily basis.   This must be fun, as well as
educational.   I have learned much on this forum but the best is when we relax
and throw out unusual topics and respond in a relaxed and not-so-serious
manner.  Just like we do here at home at the dinner table.

And Andreas, thanks to you I now know what I have not been missing on the
Hasselblad forum.  I have been trying to get into it for over a year and keep
getting rejected.  No wonder there are few participants, no one can get into
the damn site!

Bob Bedwell

<< Dear Ted,

 Why don't you try the Rollei or Hasselblad lists as an experience to see how
 boring the are, and you will have only 5 - 10 messages per day.

 I'm sure that there might be all kind of suggestions TO LIMIT, NOT ABOLISH,
 the off-topic subjects, a creative lugger could give it some thought and
 produce guidelines.

 But please,  NO POLICING

 For example the whisky and beer thing went on a bit too long, not to mention
 the MS-Mac thing. A special group for R-users?
 A leica-netiguette could be to limit off-topics in principle to one week,
 but than they die out anyway.

 Good luck

 Andreas