Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure rules
From: Bryant Terry <bterry@naxs.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:09:59 -0500

David,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am bringing two young photographers along and working with them on exposures.  My
last words are always 'and then bracket'.

I'm not a machine in the darkroom.  Bracketing can help overcome mishaps/times/agitation in developing.

Occasionally I shoot a picture before I have an opportunity to meter.  This happens when it's a 'right now or never'
situation.  Then if I feel it is a worth while catch, I'll show them how to look at the settings after the exposure and
then alter darkroom times/temp. to try to capture 'the' picture.

Film is cheap and bracketing adds greatly to experience.

Thanks,

Bryant