Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: RE: filter usage + lens tests
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:39:28 -0800

>This is a redesign and an M lenses. Not a redesign from a Minolta lens.

Use of aspheric elements was first used for R lenses in the 50mm F1.4
Summilux in 1965.

>This is simply not true. How did you dream this up???  (Jim)
>16, 24, 35-70, 70-210, & 500 from Minolta. How many times does it have to
>be said? (Jim)

You may be surprised what you find if you ever open up a lens instead of a
book.
Check out the early 50mm F2 Summicron, I think it was the one cam.

You guys are amazing.  Even if I proved it in excruciating detail, you would
ignore it anyway.  Erwin does a wonderful job explaining lenses and how they
resolve and still, most LUGs just take it with a grain of salt.  Thank
goodness he has a kind heart.  I would have given up on you guys years ago.
Sometimes the word LUGs fits.

Now Jim, what are you basing you claims on?  Reading or ownership?  I will
tell you I have had Rs and Ms.  Even the Edsel of Rs, the R3.  I will take
the M hands down each time.  more reliable and sharper lenses.  Now please,
stop the bickering, and go out and use your beloved R.