Subject: RE: [Leica] exposure rules
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:02:02 -0500

> >Kevin, George, Eric, Dale, Donal, Ted, Erwin, et al...
> >
> >You're all wrong. Too much thinking, not enough shooting.
> >
> >If you've invested so much time in setting up this kind of still
> >life/landscape, just bracket the blazes out of it and move on to the
> >next opportunity. Or a good single malt.
> >
> >Film's cheap and life's too short.>>>>>>>>
>
> David my man!  Right on! Love yer style, the only way to go!:) :) :):)
>
> One thing for sure in photography, certainly being a photojournalist, if
> you think about it too much you wake-up and the other guy has the picture,
> while you're still screwing around with numbers and thought.
>
> thanks for putting it into life experience instead of
> intellectual! :) :) :)
> ted

When I was but a photo-tot, I was always told the the rule of thumb at
places like Life, Look, etc., was that if you got one real keeper on a 36
exp. role you were doing well...

One of the most interesting, photo-life affirming tidbit to cross the LUG in
the past year was the fact that HCB, known for the Decisive Moment, whom I,
and I suspect many other LUGERs, have always pictured standing, frozen for
hours before clicking off one shot - or, who we assumed simply "saw it and
shot it" and got it the first time, shot zillions of frames of  each
subject, out of which came a "decisive moment.."

SO shoot, shoot, shoot....