Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:29:51 -0500

Yes - I had a roll of High Speed Infrared that came out virtually blank such
that the whole roll was tossed into the garbage as soon as the wash was
done -- very frustrating.  I thought of course that it was something that I
did knowing how weird HSI can sometimes be.

Turns out after hearing stories from rec.photo.darkroom that it was likely
the Xtol made me think that I was not at fault.  In fact the Xtol that I
used was the 1 liter package and that it was about a month old.  Very
disheartening but I didn't cry into my coffee - ran out and got my old
standby - HC110 Dilution b with HP5+.

Ernie