Subject: [Leica] Xtol developer mess
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:00:47 -0600

I am glad to have read the posts about this developer.  Particularly the
part about developer life.

My developer preferences are:

Tmax developer
D-76
HC110
Acufine

These developers all have different uses to create the grain or tone pallet
that I desire.

I have found that Tmax developer has a good mixed shelf life. D-76 the same.
HC 110 is great if mixed as a one shot from the syrup.  Make sure you have a
good small graduate for mixing.   I think it is important though that one
mark the mix date on the developer bottle.  That way you can make a good
judgement when to throw it out.  Anything older than two months in a
stoppered bottle in a dark environment, I don't trust....and I toss.  If in
doubt, toss it out.

Its too hard to capture time without a chemical screwup.

gck