Subject: Re: [Leica] End it!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:05:13 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Well,
>
>         I quit.  I will end the lens discussions simply because no matter
> what is said or proven, if not in favor of Leica, or moreso what a person
> OWNS you guys don't buy it. While I have had some good e-mailings with some,
> others have been amazingly myopic. I will be quiet and lurk, and only wish
> everyone well.
>
>         BTW, for those R users.  IMHO, and no matter what you try to say,
> the M lenses ARE sharper than R lenses. Hey I don't understand R users,
> considering they are using a system that is way past its time, but everyone
> uses what they like, or have bought. Again, I wish you well in its use.
>
>         Best of light to all,
>         Peter K

I used the word "moreso" in a post a few days ago and had to teach it to
my netscape spell checker, here you are using it and it got me all
excited. I looked it up in the "onelook" dictionary site which looks up
your word in ten zillion dictionaries simultaneously. Guess what, no
such word. Isn't that fascinating? :}  The beginning of the new Leica Dictionary.
I've been an M user for 5 years and never thought much about R until the
8 came along. The 100 macro dose things the M is less than ideal for. So
would a 180! My next millennium resolution will be to someday get some
of that stuff. I miss the sound of a mirror flapping around. The past of
Leica R is complex and questionable but the future looks very positive
to me at least.
Mark Rabiner