Subject: [Leica] Re: Jobo processors
From: "Bruce L. Bevelheimer" <bruceb@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:12:27 -0800

Nathan --

The suggestion to use your manual processing times as a starting point for
the Jobo is based on using a 5 min. water pre-soak and dump before you start
development. Of course, if you already use a pre-soak, then the constant
agitation WOULD cause you to overdevelop.

HOWEVER: if you use XTOL do NOT pre-soak! Instead, use Kodak's listed times
for rotary processing.

I've just begun (today) to use a Jobo after a 15 year absence from
photography so I can't offer opinions yet on how it works for me. Feel free
to email me direct if you'd like to exchange notes.

Bruce