Subject: Re: [Leica] A new idea "off topic" lug -list
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:39:50 -0500

There are currently approximately 340 subscribers to the Hasselblad User's
Group mailing list.  It is true that traffic is light (lately about 6 or so
posts a day), but there are a number of very knowledgable members in the
HUG, and questions posted to the list usually generate a number of very
useful and authoritative replies.  I certainly have learned a lot about
Hasselblads since I created the list.  Also, I have taken Brian's example
and basically let the list run itself.  Fortunately, there have been no
terrible conflicts so far.

If you are interested, a text dump of the archives are located at
http://www.kelvin.net/hasselblad/hassy.htm (not quite uptodate; I FTP the
digests manually, and I've been lazy lately ;-)).  Feel free to pick a few
to see what the list is about.  Also there is a 3rd party searchable
database located at http://www.listquest.com/arts/photography/ where a
number of other photo related mailing lists are archives as well, including
the LUG.

Dan C.