Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Passport
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:36:37 -0600

At 05:22 PM 1/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I get the impression that in Europe Mercedes is a car that makes you an
>elitest ****** which wouldn't explain why that is what most taxicabs are.

You would think. But there are Mercedes buses and trucks too, quite a few
over here in the States. But a taxi? Makes sense to me. For a car that
takes that much abuse, it's got to be worth the 2 to 3 times it costs for a
lesser car.

Leicas are working tools too. For those of us who make our livings with
them, well, they are wroth it to us. But I'm afraid most photographers
don't seem to see the logic that taxi drivers have. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed