Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Passport
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:30:40 -0800

>>Perhaps one of our LUG attorneys would like to comment on
the lack of any exclusionary phrasing regarding damage?<<

Warranties are a little out of my area of expertise (now, if anyone was
accused of stealing a Leica - then I could help <g>). But, regarding the
Passport warranty, I've personally always found it was much cheaper to buy
used or grey market and have the item added to my all-risk floater on my
homeowner's policy. The coverage is much better than Passport protection -
it is really "all-risk," including fire, theft, and anything else, and the
price over three years is much cheaper than the difference in price between
new USA and used, mint condition, or grey.

Bryan