Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica-off topic] country of origin
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:03 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Walt wrote:

> Ken, I don't know where you live, but it damn sure ain't
> Dallas, Tx.......you WILL NOT get your F or SP or even F2
> serviced....two years ago they wouldn't take in an older
> 300 4.5 that needed a new mount!!  a 5 minute job!! ("no
> support for manual focus")
>
> I respect that Nikon Japan has this kind of reputation, but
> I can't even order a COMMON part for my F!!! (a part shared
> with the SP, F, F2!!!) from Nikon USA.....BTW, it's the
> single part that will eventually be the death of ALL the
> mechanical Nikons....I'm glad that I learned how to file the
> old part to get another 25 years out of it!!!

I think you need to take this up with Nikon US, as it's not my experience.

I take all my Nikon stuff to a company called 'Fixation' in South London,
where I *believe* Nikon UK send everything that comes in to them for
repair.

They've never turned me away yet, indeed only this morning I took my
faithful old Nikkormat FT3 in for new light seals and a CLA, and there was
no question of them refusing to deal with it or being unable to get
spares.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)