Subject: [Leica] More increadible Leica Canada (Kindermann) service
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:23:33 -0400

I wrote the Lug last week about the quick turn around on a CLA to an M4-P
and the static update for an R8.  Well, the M4-P came back last week and
works as smoother than a new camera.  So, last week I mailed an M3 off to
Kindermann for a CLA.  I got a call today, and it was comleted and they
were just inquiring as to how I wanted it shipped.  Giving allowance for
the time it took to get there, the M3 was in and out in probably three
days.  As I said before, it is the national Leica distributor that is
responsible for the level of service in their Country.  Kindermann is
certainly first rate.

I asked them whether they do cameras from the USA and they said all the
time.  There is no duty involved, but sometimes a courier may charge a
brockerage fee for clearing the camera through customs.  My experience on
this issue is that it is always best to mail cameras from the US into
Canada.  The customs is cleared by Canada Post and most times there is no
charge.

Kindermann's address is:

Kindermann Canada
361 Steelcase Road West, Unit #3