Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat V35 enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:33:14 -0600

>If it turned out the focomats could use a variety of other peoples
>lightheads it would present an issue for me to further check them out.
>(could be said better?)

Why? What's wrong with Leica's "head." I saw tests that showed it's the
most evenly illuminated enlarger around. Less than 1/10 stop falloff form
edge to center. It's solid as a rock, and changing form b&W, to VC, to
Color is easy as a snap.

The main reason I would want another head would be one of the automatic
digital heads that don't use the old style filters but flashing lights or
whatever. Or because I want to do medium or large format.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.