Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica Stigma
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:26:07 +0100

Jim,

Not to belabor the point, I also think that taping over the red dot is
silly,
but the list of stolen cars does not prove that a BMW or a Mercedes is
less
likely to be stolen than a Honda. It merely reflects the fact that many
more Hondas are
sold in the U.S. than the European brands combined, hence many more are
stolen.
Park a BMW overnight in Newark, NJ and see what happens...

Nathan

Jim Brick wrote:

> The top 15 stolen cars in the US are:
>
> 1. 1994 Honda Accord EX
> 2. 1988 Honda Accord LX
> 3. 1992 Honda Accord LX
> 4. 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
> 5. 1995 Ford Mustang
> 6. 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
> 7. 1995 Honda Accord EX
> 8. 1990 Honda Accord EX
> 9. 1989 Toyota Camry
> 10. 1992 Honda Accord EX
> 11. 1989 Honda Accord LX
> 12. 1991 Honda Accord EX
> 13. 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
> 14. 1995 Toyota Corolla
> 15. 1987 Chevrolet Caprice
>
> I don't see BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Saab, Lexus, Infinity, or anything other
> than a well known, mundane, run of the mill, easy to sell, N*, C*, M*, and
> P* kind of cars.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium