Subject: Re: [Leica] Split printing - was Focomat V35 enlarger
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 06:34:24 +0000

It's good to know that I'm not the only one doing the blue-and-green
shuffle while printing.  Generally, my comments on the approach bring
confused looks.

I too use the Zone VI cold light head and mount carefully handled CC
filters (tricolor blue and CC50G) under the lens.  I mounted the gels
into the frames of an old Ilford multigrade filter set.

What is really nice about this process is the ability to alter
contrast selectively by burning through through the blue filter. An
in-focus subject printed just a tad harder really stands out against
a soft background.

Roy

On 26 Jan 99 at 11:14, Ian Stanley wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote
>
> >My own personal and perhaps not common take on this might be the fact
> >that I've gotten really enamored with this whole split printing
> >approach... two consecutive exposures, one for the highest contrast, one
> >for the lowest. With the Aristo it is a blue softlight for the high and
[snip]
> >turning approach. I would recommend it to the darkroom
workers out there