Subject: [Leica] Variable Contrast CLH
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:38:02 -0800

I have been interested in a Variable Contrast Cold light head for some time
now.  WIth the cost of these approaching $1000, I figure it is time to use
the accumulated knowledge of the LUG to get some real Pro and Con comments
about the various models out there.....You folk have used some real
experience to share.

Ilford Multigrade
Zone VI................ uses 2 indiepndently adjustable tubes
Aristo .................. uses 2 tubes, one fixed, 1 adjustable
ZBE.... about $2000, probably out of my league
Others?

What have you used? What were the bad and good points?

My uses are for Leica, Hassy, and 4x5.  A change of enlarger is not
possible, nor is a second enlarger.....
I have thought about a Color head, but I do not want to take this path.

Thanks
Frank