Subject: [Leica] Re: Amateur Photography Contest
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:59:39 -0800 (PST)

Ted Grant wrote:

""I've got a little secret for you.:) The thrill of being published
never
really ends, it only becomes varying degrees of thrill! :)""

Congratulations Nathan.  I hope that is just the first in a long
series of publications for you.

There are a number of other photo contests out there that are worth
entering.  One is a monthly contest run by the AGFA Film people.  Go
to:  http://www.agfaphoto.com  look for the "surfer's gallery" and
that will give you all of the details.  The prizes are
cameras...however, if you win I think you can contact them and they
will exchange the cameras for any type of AGFA film.

I don't know how long you have been shooting, but if you have a
library of 500 to 1,000 really good images, you may want to begin
contacting some of the newer online or traditional stock photo
agencies.  If you think it is a thrill seeing you photos published,
just wait til you people start paying you for publishing your photos.

May I suggest looking at the following online agencies:
Royalty Free Photos.com at http://www.royaltyFreePhotos.com (in which
I have a financial interest); F1(that is the number one, not a lower
case L) Online at http://www.f1online.de; If you shoot news try
Internet Photo Distributor at http://www.ipd.nl plus there are more.

Again Nathan, congratulations.

Regards,