Subject: [Leica] Another Leica stigma
From: Mikiro M <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:53:07 +0100

I once frequented camera shops in Ginza area in Tokyo on Saturday
afternoons.  One day in a small shop I saw a girl (~10-year-old) having a
chat with the shop owner.  She had a good-looking M3 with 50 mm Summicron.
I approached her and asked.
"Is this yours?"
"Yes."
"Is it difficult to use?"
"No.  You just choose speed, aperture, and distance."
She showed me one of her photos she took.  It was nothing but what ordinary
kids shoot, but the exposure and focusing were not bad.  Then she began
talking again with the shop owner how funny things her friends do at school.
Later I knew that her father was a serious Leica-phile.  I certainly envied
her.

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
Visit my gallery at