Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:15:49 -0800

I was just feeling wistful and wishful about how Leica doesn't make
enlarging lenses when I somehow stooped being stupid and remembered they
once did and there would be no reason why they could not be used on my
enlarger, an Omega D2. I have much leica material which I'm going to run
and find but I don't remember lenses being mentioned in what I have. Can
anyone straighten me out on how long ago they stopped making them, which
one to get, what they would cost (I'll go look through a shutterbug but
I don't recall seeing them) did they make one as long as an 80 (that's
what I'm used to for 35mm but I could learn to live with it I know they
made a medium format enlarger) and How they might compare to a Nikkor
which is what I'm used to.
Maybe they were made too long ago to have any major advantages but there
could be some sense in using the same companies enlarging lens for negs
that were shot by the same companies lens.
Mark Rabiner