Subject: Re: [Leica] Northern Virginia LUG members
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:21:18 -0500

CAMRALUGGR@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, and please allow me to emerge from the lurkers corner to identify myself
> as a LUGer from Northern Virginia.  The recent post by Bill Caldwell about his
> photo opp with Monica L prompted me to  venture through the Mayflower on my
> way to Nat'l Geographic's hdqtrs nearby. While at the Geographic's Explorers
> Hall I was fortunate  to meet David Allen Harvey whose photographs I admire
> greatly.  He had just returned from Cuba where he is in the process of working
> on a major article to be featured in the June issue with a comprehensive book
> to follow this fall.
>
> Harvey's work with Leicas is not something I have seen discussed much here on
> the LUG, but his skill is certainly to be admired.  We talked briefly about
> his preference for 35mm and 28mm focal lengths, and he said that he tries to
> fill the frame with the 35mm, utilizing the 28 as a "wide 35".  I was
> delighted to have met this compelling and resourceful photojournalist whose
> wonderful vision is complemented by his expertise with Leica Ms.

SNIP

Mike,

You and other newer LUGgers might want to check out this site for info
and samples of other Nat'l Geographic photographers' work:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/media/photography/archive/index.html

I'd love to make it to a D.C. area LUG get-together. I know I have a
busy winter/spring but if it lines up I'll try and make it. I'm in
Central PA, about 2 hrs. drive.

Carl Socolow