Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] I think I saw an M 135/2.8 w/ eyes?
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:58:45 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Deniz Saylan [SMTP:Photojournalist@gmx.net]
> Sent:	Friday, January 29, 1999 3:32 AM
> To:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject:	Re:RE: [Leica] I think I saw an M 135/2.8 w/ eyes?

	Greetings Deniz!

		 Actually, I have used the 135/2.8 and was not pleased with
the results.  Regarding its operation, I found it way too big and heavy for
an M kit, and I for one had difficulty focusing accurately on nearby
subjects wide open (...and if you're not going to use it wide open, why get
the 2.8?).  Also, the goggles on the lens I had seemed to dim and slightly
blur the viewfinder.  Regarding picture quality, I found the contrast a tad
soft for my purposes and, because of the size of the lens, I found that I
had to shoot at 125 or faster for acceptable hand-held results.

		I later traded it for the f4/135 (E39 filter, clip on hood)
which is small, light, easy to focus, to my eye nice and contrasty, and a
great all around telephoto.  I still have this lens and use it a good deal.

		All a matter of taste, need, and capability.  I'm glad you
enjoy the 2.8, I am sure that some lucky photographer is enjoying the one I
traded.

		Buzz Hausner