Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Split printing...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:51:54 -0800

Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com wrote:

> > What's strange about the split printing approach for me is that I forget
> > about the concept of contrast. I'm going for the blacks with the blue
> > light and the lights with the green light.
> > Your approach seems way different from mine and I'm not following your
> > description. I think I would have to watch you do it or maybe your
> > Saunders leads you to a different direction then my Aristo.
> > Mark :-) Rabiner
>
> I think we basically do the same thing. The Saunders does not have two
> light tubes, just one dial that controls dichroic and neutral density
> filters. By dialing in different grades (0-5) one controls the color of the
> light. The higher the grade (3-5), the "bluer" the light, the lower the
> grade (0-2), the "greener" the light. So the higher grades control blacks
> and lower grades light tones. There's quite a few combinations possible,
> but you probably get even more with your Aristo.
>
> Jiri

So you can turn you dial all the way to full green or full blue? The
Aristo just dims the green but a rocker switch will easily give you full
green or blue.
Mark Rabiner
you're my only message all friday night, every ones been complaining
about this lug thing not working I wish the head guy or whoever would
tell us he's working on the server or the lines are flooded or whatever.
Mark Rabiner