Subject: [Leica] Re: No white dot in shutter curtain
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:17:45 -0600

At 11:20 AM 30/01/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I understand that the white dot in front of the shutter curtain of an M6
>is for metering purposes.  However, the M6HM does *not* have this white
>dot.  Does anybody know why?
>Thanks.

Advance the film to the next frame.  Do this with the lens off and look at
the shutter curtains from the front.  As you cock the shutter, the white
dot comes back!  You are looking at the second curtain after the shutter
has fired I suspect.  Try it and have a chuckle if this is what is "wrong"
with the white dot.

 _
[o] -GH