Subject: [Leica] plug inside non-TTL M6
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:15:01 -0500 (EST)

I noticed that the non-TTL M6 has a small hole that's sealed with a
rubber plug, which you can see by removing the lens and looking at the
bottom surface on the inside.

Page 15 of Leica's brochure ("Leica. The Program") shows that this is
where the TTL photodiode sensor resides.

Does anyone know when the hole/plug was added to the non-TTL body, or
has it been there since the first M6?  I wonder if TTL was always the
planned use for that spot, or if there was some other reason for it.

Andrew