Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: glass or plastic
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:55:45 -0800

At 12:16 PM 1/31/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't know about you, but I am not worried about much in 50 years.
>Besides, Digital will replace conventional photography long before that.
>
>Peter K

Well... being in the middle of that technology, actually designing the next
generation digital camera electronics ( www.photoaccess.com ) I can say,
without much reservation, that there are monumental problems associated
with digital completely replacing film within a mere 50 years. About 20
different disciplines will have to make "quantum" leaps in their technology
in order to directly compete with and replace film. Also, digital cameras
require lenses. Lenses at least as good as those we have today. Plastic or
not.

Want to turn your Leica into a digital camera? Go to www.imagek.com .
Pronounced "I'm a geek". ;-)

Jim