Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing tabs
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:49:47 EST

Carl, you can have a focussing tab put on a Summilux. Most users who want it
do what I did. Drill a hole in the knurled barrel and fit a screw in it — on
one I used a screw from an old stereo — nicely knurled 'knob" on it. I usually
put these on in such position that when pointing straight down it has the lens
focussed at 8ft. Not to elegant, but it works. Probably possible to put one on
a 50DR too — although I think that the tab from the 35mm f2 should fit.
Industrial epoxy works too - I had Reinhold do that to my latest 50/2
(collapsible hood model)
Tom A