Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:02:21 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
>Everybody on this lists seems to mention Gitzo, Manfrotto and Bogen, but
>how would one rate Velbon tripods?

Velbon offers an interesting carbon fiber-and-titanium model, but at $450,
it's not inexpensive, either. It's online at www.bhphoto.com . Sorry, my
(Best Data brand-hah!) modem is cranky today and won't remain on line long
enough for me to get the exact page. I felt it was pretty unremarkable at
the price, offering no real advantage over the Gitzo, save for a so-so
initial cost savings.

Jeff