Subject: [Leica] Digital vs film ..just END IT!
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:02:46 -0800

Jim,

I think you feel you have to be right all the time.  Others have opinions
too that should be respected.  Everybody has an opinion, not just you!!

When you digitize an image, you now compare digital to digital.

I know travel photographers who are using digital equipment so they can
transmit the files back to their company when they are overseas to get a
jump on things.  Same for wedding photographers, yes the equipment is clumsy
(right now) but I can show all the images taken at a wedding instantly and
garner the added revenue from those attending the recipients who noramlly
would not see the photos using conventional film.  These are benefits!  If I
used the MegaVision S2, and enlarged the image to say 30 x 30, it looks
better than a negative enlarged it to 30 x 30 for the simple fact I can
tweak it in Photoshop to produce a better (subjectively speaking) print.
You can quote all the elementary mathematics you like about resolution to
impress this group, and stuff about drum scanners, but so what!
Its the end result is what counts.

Peter K