Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens- user survey?
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:56:44 -0800

:

are actually doing their own printing.

Here is the darkroom collection from about the last dozen years. This has
to be a  complete list, since my little darkroom won't hold anything more!

Focomat V35 with Vario and Color heads, Focotar 40/2.8 and Focometer.
Focomat 1c Color with Focotar 50/4.5 (in the garage now, but soon to be
revived  with a dichro color head).
Belfort Instrument Company "EN-52(B-1) 4x5" - looks like an Omega D3 made
as an early Simon Brothers government contract - anybody know its history?
Schneider Componon 105/5.6 and EL-Nikkor 135/5.6.
Jobo CPE-2.
Ilford CAP40 Cibachrome processor.
Besler PM2M color analyzer that I use with the Bob Mitchell Colorbrator.
And my latest addition, get this  - a Philadelphia Air Transport Company
Model F-213 Film Developer, made in about 1955, brand new in the unopened
box. It processes up to 100 feet of 70mm film on a motorized spool winder.
And it works great, even on 15 feet of 70mm E-6 chromes that I did about a
week ago.

Most printing over the last six months has been Ciba/Ilfochrome work, which
has been slowly improving to the level of my B&W skills. I owe what I know
in B&W to the wonderful Focomat IIc, my faithful workhorse from when I
worked in the darkroom of Sweden's largest publishing company 30 years ago.
Actually, my real mentor was the darkroom manager, who demanded the best in
every print and who knew that the IIc could deliver it.

Gary Todoroff